Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Database Administration
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Database Administration, Database Management
- The Ideal candidate will be to coordinate all activities performed by the team, track, and report on team activities, define and document team processes, troubleshoot escalated issues and must be hands-on in operational DBA tasks which involves performance, integrity, and security of databases, database monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery, database installation, maintenance, and disaster recovery.
- The Ideal Candidate will ensure that: data remains consistent across the database.
- Plan and manage capacity of database management systems
- Database maintenance including monitoring, backup & recovery, and patching.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with the customer.
- Install and configure database servers, Oracle RDBMS software as well as Microsoft SQL and any other database software as decided by the bank.
- Write and edit automated jobs that import and export data between systems.
- Provide detailed analysis, design, tuning, testing, implementation and documentation of the business intelligence system and data warehouse.
- Provide expertise in writing and editing queries that read, manipulate, and analyze data from business intelligence, relational databases, and data warehouses.
- Responsible for business intelligence quality testing, stakeholder approval and user acceptance testing.
- Create tables and write reports on their findings, validating data output through SQL and simplify highly technical language for end users in the bank.
- Ability to learn and utilize programs to analyze data from different sources and produce meaningful reports and/or presentations.
- Contribute to the development of standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives.
- Work with developers to make sure that all data solutions are consistent.
- Create data flow diagrams for data management systems.
- Maintaining detailed technical documentation of all databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Numerate subjects – 2.1 or 2.2
- 10+ years of experience working with Databases – which will include but not limited Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, postgreSQL
- 7+ years of experience working with SQL, SQL stored procedures, functions, and features
- Oracle or SQL database certifications is required
- Demonstrated experience deploying multiple types of databases
- Experience with maintaining very large and high transaction volume environments
- Current experience with Oracle replication tools Dataguard or GoldenGate
- Experience with Microsoft clustering tool SQL Always On
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Unix/Linux scripting.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online