The Government of India through Ministry of Education is currently accepting applications from international students for Doctoral Fellowship in India. The funding includes a monthly stipend and an annual research grant for up to 5 years of their Ph.D. program.
The internationally renowned Institutions in technical education, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are inviting scholars from ASEAN countries to apply for PhD fellowships to strengthen the deep and historical relations between India and ASEAN.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Government of India, India
Host Institution(s): Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
Fellowship Worth: 100% Scholarship on tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: ASEAN International Students.
DETAILS | Government of India Doctoral Fellowship
Here are a few reasons to consider doing PhD in India (at IITs):
- Provide cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research in science and technology
- Outstanding research facilities
- Better career prospects
- Low costs and high standard of living
- Provide students opportunities to grow culturally as well as academically IITs impart world-class education and conduct research in the relevant fields and further advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge.
- Offering high-quality education and research with a chance to immerse oneself in the stimulating diversity of culture, language, religion, art, architecture, literature, music and dance that can equally boast of an unparalleled civilizational heritage and a modern global outlook.
To be eligible for Government of India Doctoral Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN Academic score Requirement = 6/10 or 60% (calculated proportionally for other scales)
- Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN English Test Requirement: No English Language Certification Requirement
- Minimum No. of Recommendation letters: 2 recommendation letters
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for Government of India Doctoral Fellowship may apply online at on the application portal.
Application Deadline: Not Specified