Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from all over the world for the Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023. The fellowship is a highly competitive program that provides up to $60,000 funding opportunities to candidates.
The Charles Bullard Fellowship program supports advanced research and study by individuals who show promise of making an important contribution, either as scholars or administrators, to forestry and forest-related subjects including biology, earth sciences, economics, politics, administration, philosophy, humanities, the arts, or law.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Harvard University, USA
Host Institution: Harvard Forest, Harvard University
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Charles Bullard Fellowship in Forest Research | DETAILS
Research areas include forest ecology, tree physiology, soil biogeochemistry and microbial ecology, forest resource management, conservation and biodiversity, land use planning, and public policy. Fellowships are occasionally awarded in the arts and environmental humanities. A major goal of the Bullard Fellowship program is to enhance research activities at Harvard Forest and build long-term collaborations that connect Harvard Forest with other parts of the University.
Fellows can be based at the Harvard Forest or associated with other departments and centers at Harvard University. Potential fellows are encouraged to contact appropriate Harvard collaborators well in advance of the application deadline. Please note that proposals in the arts and humanities must demonstrate a strong connection to the research at Harvard Forest.
To be eligible for the Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023, interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Fellows must be individuals in mid-career who have established themselves in academia, public service, or in the private sector.
- For those in academics, preference is ordinarily given to holders of doctoral degrees, but others whose projects show promise of important contributions to forestry and forest studies, broadly defined, will be considered in terms of the likelihood that study and research at Harvard will help fulfil this promise.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Charles Bullard fellowship 2023 are to complete an online application. The application requires the following:
- A completed web-based application form.
- Contact information for 3 references who can give a perspective on the applicant’s proposed program and their personal and professional qualifications for carrying it out. Recommenders should submit their recommendation letters for the 2023-2024 program via the secure online application system by October 15, 2022 (a 2 week grace period post deadline).
- A statement of research describing the applicant’s professional career to date, proposing a research program at Harvard and evaluating this program in terms of its potential contribution to the applicant’s future professional career (5 page single spaced maximum is requested).
- CV (no more than 5 pages) including the following:
- Colleges and universities; dates of attendance and degrees received
- Professional positions held since graduating college
- Academic prizes and honors, if any
- Significant books, articles, reports, etc.
- Significant education and outreach activities (NSF calls these “synergistic activities”)
- Artists should provide a link to an on-line portfolio of their work
Application Deadline: October 1, 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details